Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Adele's Someone LIke You: Overrated

I repost this from my own tumblr post. Yeah, I'm too lazy to write anything new. You can also visit (or even follow) my tumblog here.

I guess this will be my first time for a long post in tumblr (especially it’s only an opinion, not a matter of my broken heart, hehe). Lately I’ve been talking to my friend; Riska, about overrated things. Yes, overrated.

overrated Concise Oxford English Dictionary © 2008 Oxford University Press:overrate/əʊvəˈreɪt/
▶verb (often as adj. overrated) rate more highly than is deserved. ‘overrated’ also found in these Oxford entries: overrate
Yeah, I’m a big fan of deep and meaningful songs and poetries, I’m also dig for great voices, regardless of the characteristics of the voice (soprano, alto, soulful), but somehow, I find Adele is now overrated. Why? I used to love her since her 19 album, I love Chasing Pavement, so much. Not too sorrowful but if you look into the meaning behind the lyrics, you’ll find that it’s even more sorrowful than her so-called-overrated-hit-song; Someone Like You. Well, I don’t say that I hate that song. I used to love that song. But, seriously, that song is about someone who find someone (whom he thinks better than her) to get married with. I guess not everyone can feel so much related to that. I feel her grief, but I guess the media exploit it too much. Someone Like You aired everywhere. During lunch at the bistro, sang by my neighbor in the night while watching soccer match, even now, it’s also appears in forms of words; people quoting the lyrics in tumblr, twitter, facebook, or even messenger status. I’m totally sick of it. Period. Well, there’s a saying:
Too much of anything can kill you!
Well, I guess that explains why I’m sick of Adele’s Someone Like You.

So, people, please, enough!

2 comments:

volverhank said...

emang ini lagu parah deh, sampe bosen dengerinya -,- malah keluar yg versi koplo juga

Istiarina Putri said...

:)) serius ada yg koplo??? *dying*