Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My First Trip Abroad (and ALONE)

Hey, been so long since the last time I posted something here.

Hehe, if you want more updates well, I guess you can try visiting my fashion and beauty blog by clicking My Fashion Blog on the pages above.

So, I am going to Singapore for five days and four nights this September, from 8 to 12 of September. I am going to attend Ingrid Michaelson LIVE in Concert at Esplanade Concert Hall. Hehe, are you familiar with her, anyway? I bet that most of you never heard about her, but for those who reside in Indonesia, well, you must be familiar with  one of her song which featured as commercial jingle of Mizone; BE OK. 


For more information about Ingrid Michaelson, you can visit her official website here.

You can watch her latest video, which I love, of course!


Anyway, this will be my first time traveling abroad, and ALONE! Woohoo, I'm so excited. Hehe, I've been to Singapore once, but it was 6 years ago so there will be a huge change of course. I have friends there, but I decided to try on Couch Surfing. Well, if you don't know about it, I'll briefly explain it to you. Couch Surfing is a volunteer-based worldwide network connecting travelers with members of local communities, who offer free accommodation and/or advice. I accidentally stumbled on this amazing website on StumbleUpon (click here to add me on StumbleUpon).

So, after a few requests and a couple of rejection (most of the rejection are due to the host's disability to host because they are already hosting others during my arrival), I finally found a host! Yippie, being hosted means that I can save for the accommodation (which is expensive here). It's a boy anyway, we're keep contacting each other about the trip and so far the response is still positive. I hope that I can get free guide, too. :p

I'll keep you posted when I get there!

No comments: